Caffeine for your Hair – Home Remedy
Coffee Shampoo!? Yes, Coffee has multiple uses, beyond the food and gastronomy industry. It is used as an ingredient in many areas, and one of the most controversial is the use of coffee in the hair. Does it really help strengthen it? Can we use it in dyes? In this article we are going to investigate this matter and we are going to offer you all the answers we find about it.
- Coffee for hair – Home remedy caffeine shampoo
- Coffee for hair: how to use it
- How to use coffee for hair: step by step
- Coffee for hair: benefits
- Using coffee to darken hair: the test
- Shampoo with coffee and cinnamon for hair
- Does coffee serve for curly hair?
How to make coffee oil for hair
How to use coffee for hair: step by step
To make a good coffee treatment for your hair, it is important to know how to prepare it. Here you take it:
- Prepare two cups of strong coffee (intense, not too watery). Use a good quality, organic coffee – I like Clipper Organic
- Let them cool and do not add any other ingredients. No sugar, no more water, nothing. Simply let the original coffee cool.
- Wash your hair with your normal shampoo. Before rinsing it with water, pour the two cups of coffee over your hair. We suggest that during this step you turn your head upside down and try to collect the coffee that is falling with another container. So you can reuse it. Repeat this process several times to make the result more intense.
- When you have applied the coffee on your hair, you should massage it well with your hands so that the coffee is well distributed. You should devote more time to this step the longer your hair is.
- Now let it stand and wait for 30 minutes. Rinse with water and wash it again with shampoo (this is especially to avoid the smell of coffee on your head).
Coffee for hair: benefits
The benefits of coffee for hair can be summarized in the following list:
- Being a 100% natural component, it is a product that does not damage your hair or alter it in any way. If it does not work for you as you expect, you clarify it, wash yourself well, and there is no trace of the process.
- Naturally darkens hair, conceals gray hair or enhances its dark tones. Coffee as a hair dye is a remedy that has been used for centuries.
- Coffee hair treatments are ideal for dry hair. They leave it soft and bright.
- It is a good ingredient for skin care, so its application on the scalp also has positive effects.
Using coffee to darken hair: the test
If you want to know the results of using coffee to dye gray hair, in this video you can see a user who tests it and shows you the result:
In this case, as you have seen, a little vinegar is applied to secure the coffee on the hair after the first rinse or treatment.
Shampoo with coffee and cinnamon for hair
Coffee hair shampoo is one of the most usual techniques to enjoy the benefits of this ingredient in our hair. In this case, we review how to use cinnamon and coffee for hair growth. Take note of the ingredients:
- Coffee Hair Shampoo Recipe
- 1 cup of normal shampoo
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- Half tablespoon of cinnamon.
To make your homemade coffee shampoo, you simply have to mix the coffee with the shampoo until you get a homogeneous paste. If necessary, add half a cup of hot water so that the coffee mixes better. Only at the end of the mixture add the cinnamon.
Yes of course. Hair treatments with coffee can be applied to any type of hair, both straight and curly, wet or dry … whatever you want. The only restriction, as we have already pointed out, is to use coffee only in dark hair, not on blond or very light hair.
How to make coffee oil for hair
- We take a glass container, jar or jar, which can be tightly closed.
- We pour coffee and oil in a proportion more or less than 50% each ingredient. Shake the mixture well once a day, and let it macerate for a month. It is very important to shake the bottle at least once every day, don’t forget it!
- When the four weeks or the month of rigor have elapsed, we strain the mixture with a very fine cloth strainer (or with a cloth), and store the result in a container from which you can comfortably apply your coffee oil.
Coffee hair oil is applied like any other industrial oil you buy in stores. It is good for hair growth, and the ideal is to apply it at the root and then extend it, through massages, towards the tips. Do not use a lot, because it can leave you oily hair. It is better to go little by little.
Let me know what you think and how you get on trying this with your hair!
Here are some great coffees to try: